"May the God of Hope fill you with all Joy & Peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with
HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit" Romans 15:13





Tuesday, January 12, 2016


Family & Friends,

   As I sit here writing an update from this past summer and plans for the upcoming summer, I am in the midst of packing for Zambia!  I am leaving this weekend for a special trip to kick off the school year and help implement a reading curriculum that will be in all 18 Family Legacy schools.  Once again, I am in awe of the Lord and all that He is doing!  This past summer, we piloted a reading curriculum over the two weeks I was there.  It was amazing to see the progress the kids made as well as the teachers.  The excitement in the teachers and kids’ faces was priceless.  There are so many stories I could tell you from this summer, but it would take lots of pages.  I was in a grade 1 classroom and it was filled with some of the most beautiful children!  There were a variety of kids; one with a seizure disorder, one with cerebral palsy, and one who was almost completely deaf.  Most of Zambia looks at children with disabilities as worthless, but the beauty in it all is that the Lord made them perfect in His image.  He picked them out and said you are worthy and placed them in an amazing school!  I was inspired by the strength, courage, and boldness they display.  Just as much as the Lord loves them, it is a constant reminder that He loves all of His children that much, you, me, every one, no matter where you are.  The Lord is so good and I am excited to see what he continues to do over the next three weeks and what He is going to do while I am in Zambia again this summer.

I have loved seeing the growth in the children through the ministry of Family Legacy.  It is nothing any one person has done, but what God has done through those He has called to go to Zambia as well as the Zambians that He is empowering to partner with the ministry.  The Lord also uses friends and family to support those that are going.  I am so thankful for each and every one of you who partner with me.  Not only for the financial support you provide, but more importantly the prayers leading up to my trip and while I am there.  My time in Zambia wouldn’t be the same without each of you!

As I go this year, I would ask for the following prayers:

1.    That the Lord would be glorified in everything we do from the airport, to the schools, and to the Americans and Zambians we interact with.

2.    That any frustration will be covered in prayer and grace.

3.    That any challenges we encounter in the classroom, as far as how to get through to the students and teachers, would be covered in wisdom.

4.    That our team of teachers would quickly bond and work well together.

5.    That the Lord would keep us healthy, give us energy, and give us stamina to get through the long days.

6.    That we would be safe and have a hedge of protection around us.

7.    That we would be sensitive to the spirit in His moving and that we will step out in faith when called on.

8.    That above all else, everyone we come in contact with would be pointed to Christ.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your prayers.  If you feel led to help support me financially as well, my first deadline for a portion of the money is due February 1st.  The full amount of $4900 is due by April 1st.  To donate towards my trip, you can send a check made out to Family Legacy International and in the memo line, please write Allison Rhodes/TeachOne2016. Their address is Family Legacy, 5005 West Royal Lane, Ste. 252, Irving, TX 75063. 

 Or you can donate directly to my account through this link: www.camplifezambia.com/allisonrhodes

Thank you for your continuous support!  I am forever grateful for you and your family!
                                                                                        Love,  Allison Rhodes

 
Many of you ordered shirts from me last year.  I will be selling shirts again this year to raise money for my trip. If you would like to purchase a shirt as well, please see the order form below.  You can either email me with your shirt order at allisonerhodes@gmail.com or you can mail your order form and money to me at:
            Allison Rhodes
            10437 Nettie St
            Keller, TX 76244

***Please let me know how I can be praying for you and your family.***


 Africa T-Shirts

Thank you for supporting my return to Zambia! This year I have short-sleeve and long-sleeve shirts available in the Gildan SoftStyle brand.  The color of the short-sleeve shirts will be Heather Navy and the long-sleeve shirts will be Navy.  If you order youth sizes, they only come in short sleeve and they do not come in softstyle.

 

                                                Sizes Needed:

                                                     
Children’s Short-Sleeve Shirts $20  _______        ________      ________       _________     
                                                    YS       YM      YL       YXL                                                                 

 

Adult Short Sleeve $20 _____      ______      ______     _______      _______     _______       
(add $2.00 for 2XL or 3XL)  AS     AM     AL     AXL    A2XL   A3XL

 

Adult Long-Sleeve $25   _____      _______      _______     _______      _______     _______       
(add $3.00 for 2XL or 3XL)   AS     AM     AL     AXL    A2XL   A3XL

 
   **All orders are due by Wednesday, March 2, 2016**

If you need your shilrt mailed to you, please add $4 for shipping.

                   

No comments:

Post a Comment