"May the God of Hope fill you with all Joy & Peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with
HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit" Romans 15:13





Sunday, July 17, 2016

Proud Teacher Moment

I just finished my 17th year of teaching and over that time, I have taught approximately 400 kids over that time.  I have loved each kid and there are certain kids that grab a piece of your heart in a certain way that I will forever hold on to.  I have had children that have learning disabilities, extremely bright and gifted children, children who have behavior issues, and then those that are just very average.  I absolutely love teaching kindergarten because each year my students come in as babies and the growth they make socially, emotionally, and academically is AMAZING!  I have definitely been blessed by all of the students I have had.  

Over the years, I have kept up with several students but this summer I had the privilege of seeing a former student in a whole other realm.  While I was in Zambia, I had the opportunity to go to the last session of camp on a Friday afternoon.  In the front of the room stood one of those students that grabbed one of those extra special places in my heart!  I watched as she stood in front of a group of 10 little girls and together they were singing from the depths of their hearts about the Lord! This was an opportunity that I had never had before and in seconds tears of joy began rolling down my face (it actually almost turned into one of those ugly cries).  I am so proud of the young lady that Meredith has grown up to be and that she gave up a week of her summer to come and love on a group of orphans and vulnerable children.  She relentlessly poured into a group of girls whose outlook looks hopeless, but she poured the Lords love, joy, and hope into each them.  If you had told me 12 years ago that I would be in Zambia at the same time as one of my current students I would have thought you were crazy.  I didn’t even know at that time that I would be in Zambia and would have fallen in love with this country.   




I knew that Meredith would do great things as she grew up, but to witness this brought such great joy over me.  I love how the Lord put her in my class all of those years ago and that He gave me the privilege to stand beside her mom that Friday and to watch what God is doing in and through her.  I know my other students that I have had and will do amazing things too but I don’t always get to see that!  That day was a blessing to my heart.  Meredith, I am so very proud of you and can’t wait to see how the Lord continues to use you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment