Time to go!
200 pounds of bags are packed and I'm still wondering what I have forgotten! I knew last fall that I would be spending my summer in Zambia and it seemed like it was taking forever for it to get here, but now it's time!
I am anxious to see the way The Lord is going to work this summer as He is continuing to transform lives. Not only does God transform the lives of the Zambians we work with but He is also transforming the Americans lives too.
As I leave I ask that you would join with me in prayer:
- Pray for traveling safety as well as safety while I am there.
- Pray against any sickness. It's winter there right now and it is very dry. I have my bag of medicine ready but pray I don't need it!
- Pray for wisdom and guidance from The Lord to direct each of my steps and words.
- Pray for the teachers that we will be working with. Pray that not only will we share new ways of teaching strategies with them but that they will also be encouraged and refreshed.
- Pray for the kids we will be working with. I pray that as we are helping them in their education, they will see and feel the love of Christ. I pray they will see that they have worth and that they are dearly loved. (I can't wait to love on those kids!)
- I have been praying that God would allow me to see people through His eyes and love them like He does.
- Pray that my heart would be completely sensitive to the Lords leading and guiding.