"May the God of Hope fill you with all Joy & Peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with
HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit" Romans 15:13





Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Mother's Heart part 2


A Mother's Heart Part 2

All of my life I have wanted nothing more than to have my own family and to be a mother. I can remember just like yesterday a time when I was about 5 or 6 years old. I was at my grandmother's house and she and my mom were getting things ready for dinner and it was my job to set the table. I looked at my mom and grandmother with a napkin in hand and said, "when I grow up, I am going to have 100 kids." I remember my mom laughing and saying, "I think you will change your mind when you get older." I continued to insist that I would have 100 children. I have always loved kids and my love for children has increased more and more the older I have grown.
I have the priveledge of sponsoring a precious young lady named Paulina who lives at the Tree of Life. She has never known her parents since they passed away when she was only a baby and before coming to live at the Tree of Life, she lived with her grandmother and aunt. I have loved every minute that I have been able to spend with her during my trips to Zambia. This time, it came with an even bigger blessing. I have had the opportunity to attend church with Paulina every Sunday as well as see her every Friday night. There have been some other opportunities to spend time with her, but no better blessing than a letter she gave me. As I opened it, my eyes were not ready for what I was about to read.... "Dear Mom,". The thought that she considers me a mother to her is a huge priveledge. I love her just as if she were my own and my heart yearns for every opportunity I have to spend with her.
The Lord knows my desire to have children of my own, but until then, he has given me the biggest priviledge to love on precious children here in Zambia who are either double orphans or single orphans. I don't know why God has chosen me, but I am so thankful and humbled that He chose me and has blessed my heart so much with these children!!!
Even though I am not officially a mother, I feel like God has given me a small peek into the heart of a mother's love for her children. I know how much my heart completely LOVES these children that live on the other side of the world from me, and that the depth of the heart of a mother is greater than one can imagine!!! Only second to the love that comes from our Heavenly Father, my prayer is that everyone can feel the love that comes from a child!!
Lord, thank you for Your unconditional love you give us and thank you for the love that comes from these precious children and the precious children at home too!!

2 comments:

  1. I love this:). What a sweet girl. I can't even imagine how hard it will be to leave:(. I'll be thinking about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing you are Allison! You truly have a mother's heart and I know your children in Africa know and feel that love through YOU!

    ReplyDelete