"May the God of Hope fill you with all Joy & Peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with
HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit" Romans 15:13





Monday, June 11, 2012

Blessed: My Journey to Zambia Once Again

I am so excited to share with you my journey back to Zambia!  The first time that I went to Zambia was in 2007, and was then blessed to be able to return in 2008 and 2010.  I would go every summer if I could but I know that I have to wait for God’s leading. 
I had been longing to go back this summer, but wasn’t sure if that is what I was supposed to do.  Off and on, I would have dreams about being back there and could so vividly see those precious faces as if it was really happening and then I would wake up.  I got on Family Legacy’s website in December after praying that God would show me clearly if I was supposed to go back this summer or not.  When I was looking at the page where they have the weeks that still have room, the first thing I saw was that there were no more two week trips available.  If you signed up at this point, then you could only go for one week.  I knew that was God’s answer telling me that this wasn’t it, because I couldn’t imagine going all that way and only getting to go for one week.  You see, I have completely fallen in love with the Zambian people and if I am going to go, I want to be able to really spend time there with them and I just couldn’t imagine only being able to stay for a week.  I was so disappointed, but knew that if this isn’t what God had for me then I didn’t want to force it.  A few days later, I took some items up to the Family Legacy offices that my school had collected for our Angel Tree at Christmas for the people of Zambia.  I went into one of the offices that three people shared; Katy (I had met in Zambia the last time I was there),  Rebecca (whom I met the first time I was in Zambia) and Susan which is Greer’s wife (he founded Family Legacy).  Katie was asking me if I was going back this summer and I said no and told her how I felt like I had confirmation from God that I wasn’t supposed to do camp this summer because I couldn’t just go for one week, and she said, “you should go on our teacher trip.”  When Rebecca walked into the office a similar scenario played out and the same happened when Susan came in.  They had never had a teacher trip before and this wasn’t posted anywhere on their website.  After Susan told me what it was that they were doing, it was a moment where I felt like God said, “Allison, you are going to Zambia, but it is going to look different than what you thought it would be.”  The teacher trip is two weeks and since they were preparing to open 12 new schools in January of 2012, they had a great need for American teachers to go and mentor the new teachers they were hiring.  (More will come about the schools they are opening). 
So, here I am preparing to embark on another journey to Zambia.  I cannot wait to see the amazing things that God is continuing to do in the lives of the Zambians.  I feel so blessed that once again God has called me to go and so thankful to everyone who has supported me prayerfully and financially in being able to return.  Please pray I would hear God’s voice as he is preparing me to return as well as the hearts of the Zambians that He is transforming. 
“The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed and qualified me to preach the Gospel of good tidings to the meek, the poor, and afflicted; He has sent me to bind up and heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison and the eyes to those who are bound”  Isaiah 61:1

No comments:

Post a Comment