"May the God of Hope fill you with all Joy & Peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with
HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit" Romans 15:13





Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day Dad!!

Happy Father’s Day to the most amazing dad ever!! 
I am so blessed to have a dad who loves me so much.  My dad is always there for anything and I know that without a doubt he always has my best interest at heart.  Growing up and still, he exhibits mercy, grace, honesty, integrity,  respect, a love for God, and how to treat others.  God has blessed me with an earthly father who supports me, encourages me, prays for me, and loves me.  I have so many wonderful memories from growing up and they include my dad in them.  I remember going to Colorado every summer and going fishing with my dad.  I know that most of the time, he would catch the fish, but he would let me reel it in and I always thought that I had done it all by myself.  I loved sitting in my dad’s lap and he would read to me with all of the character voices.    

















Some of the things my dad always said and still says are “Do you know how much I love you?” and “I am so proud of you”.  Those words are so precious to me and I cannot imagine not having a dad that loved me so much.  It breaks my heart to think about all of the kids who don’t have a dad that cares about them, or those who don’t have a dad at all. 
The good news is, God promises that that He will be the Father to the Fatherless.          
"God is a father to the fatherless. He is a defender of the widows. God makes it known that he protects the weak and  disenfranchised and that they have place in his kingdom."    Psalm 68:5
Praise God for that promise.  Hearing the stories of the children in Zambia, many of them are fatherless.  Many of their fathers were taken by AIDS, tuberculosis, or any simple sickness that here in the states, we have the medical care for, but over there, they do not have that accessibility.  My prayer is that those without an earthly father will hold onto and cling to God and His presence.  We have a Father in Heaven that is always chasing after us and longs to have a relationship with him.  He will never leave us and always has our best interest at heart.  He knows us inside and out and loves us just the same!  God chose each one of us and loves us more than we can imagine!!
Happy Father's Day Dad!!!  I love you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment