"May the God of Hope fill you with all Joy & Peace as you trust in Him so that you may overflow with
HOPE by the power of the Holy Spirit" Romans 15:13





Monday, June 25, 2012

The Father's Heart

Family Legacy has a child sponsorship program, called the Father’s Heart, which provides discipleship, school fees, and other assistance if needed.  When I went to Zambia in 2007, I came back in LOVE with some beautiful girls who I had in my group at camp.  I soon began sponsoring Jeany, my parents began sponsoring Naomi, and a friend of my mom’s began sponsoring Paulina (who my parents and I now sponsor).  It has been such a blessing to see how they have grown over time.  I was fortunate to have all three of these girls in my group each time that I went to Zambia.  I was sad that I wouldn’t get to have all of my girls at camp, but they do have a Father’s Heart trip that allows me to leave two days early and go and visit these beautiful girls.
I am anxious to hear about how they a have been doing over the past two years since I last visited them.  All three of these girls seemed a little worse in 2010 than it was in 2008, but knowing God’s Heart for his children, He always has a hope and plan for them. 
“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future”   Jeremiah 29:11 
What an amazing hope that should give to all of us.  Knowing that God is ALWAYS faithful and He is the same God yesterday, today, and tomorrow.  Please pray for these girls if they cross your mind and lift them up because the Father’s heart loves them with all He has and my prayer is that even though their situation is difficult that they will feel God’s love, hope, joy, peace, and healing.
I will share with you a little about the girls so that you have some background. 
Meet Jeany: 
Jeany is one of 7 children.  Both parents are still living neither one having any kind of consistent job.  She was a very rough little girl who could often be hard and mean to the other kids.  She always had to be in the spotlight and would try to be a constant distraction.  During camp, my Zambian partner and I would pull each child and have some one on one time with them and try to find out their story.  When we pulled Jeany, she would tell us very short answers but the more we talked, the more she let down her guard and this tough and active little girl had tears rolling down her cheeks as she told us her story.  She told of how her mother was active in which craft (which is rampant in the compounds in Zambia), there was never enough food for the family, and how her dad would become drunk and abusive.  That year the theme for camp was Freedom in Christ and the Lord moved in amazing ways.  She was exposed to the truths God has for her and was enabled to fight against the lies of the enemy.  Jeany accepted Christ at camp and although she was still rambunctious, she had a light in her eyes that only Christ could bring.   The last time that I saw Jeany, her mother had left to go to the “village” and she didn’t know when she would return.  That left her to stay home with an abusive father and often times without food.  My prayer for Jeany is that she would continue to receive an education that will enable her to rise above where her family is at now.  I pray that her passion and zeal for life would be used to glorify God and that His love would flow out of her bringing others in her community to Christ. 
Here is Jeany (pink striped shirt) jumping up and down with JOY!! 

"Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth. Worship the Lord with gladness; come before him with joyful songs.  Know that the Lord is God.  It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.  Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.  For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."  Psalm 100:1-5
Soon to come: Naomi and Paulina’s stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment